On August 5 and 6, an international forum was held in Fukushima Prefecture, as part of ongoing efforts in the decommissioning of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plants.
- 20 July, 2018 ANRE to Hold Explanatory Meetings and Public Hearings on Handling of Tritium Water
- 15 June, 2018 Fukushima Daini NPPs to Be Decommissioned as Well
- 4 June, 2018 TEPCO Opens Up Space in Common Pool at Fukushima Daiichi to Receive Spent Fuel from Unit 3
- 9 May, 2018 [51st JAIF Annual Conference] Fukushima Session: Current State of Restoration in Fukushima
- 26 April, 2018 Fukushima Exported Record Level of Agricultural Products Last Year
- 27 March, 2018 Russia Lifts Bans on Marine Products from Japan; Those from Fukushima Still Require Additional Documentation
- 26 February, 2018 WTO Ruling Sides with Japan against South Korean Ban on Japanese Marine Products
- 22 February, 2018 We All Live Inside the “Boundary” of Fukushima
- 5 February, 2018 Usage Rate of Locally-Produced Materials in Fukushima Prefecture School Lunches Returns to Pre-Accident Levels
- 24 January, 2018 TEPCO Peers into Primary Containment Vessel at Fukushima Daiichi-2, Confirming Likelihood That Sediment Is Fuel Debris
- 5 January, 2018 Toshiba ESS, IRID Develop Device to Investigate Interior of Primary Containment Vessel at Fukushima Daiichi-2 NPP
- 21 December, 2017 16 Teams Compete in Second Hairo Sozo Robot Contest in Naraha Town
- 13 November, 2017 EU to Lift Restrictions on Imports of Fukushima Products in December
J-Village Stadium to Revert to Original Role as Soccer Training Center, Having Contributed to the Stabilization of Fukushima Daiichi
Improvements have been made to the working environment at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plants, whose decommissioning is proceeding strategically according to the so-called mid-to-long-term roadmap. When the accident occurred at the NPPs 7 years ago, the initial efforts to bring it under control involved primarily stabilizing the reactors and suppressing the emission of radioactive materials.