Toshiba ESS, IRID Develop Device to Investigate Interior of Primary Containment Vessel at Fukushima Daiichi-2 NPP
On December 22, Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation (Toshiba ESS) and the International Research Institute for Nuclear Decommissioning (IRID) both announced that they had developed a remotely-controlled device to investigate the interior of the damaged primary containment vessel (PCV) of the Fukushima Daiichi-2 Nuclear Power Plant, in preparation for removal of fuel debris.
- 13 November, 2017 EU to Lift Restrictions on Imports of Fukushima Products in December
- 9 November, 2017 UNSCEAR White Paper Reiterates Findings that Fukushima Risks Are Low
- 8 November, 2017 Fuel Removal System Leaves Yokohama, Headed for Fukushima Daiichi-3
- 30 October, 2017 Medical Group in Fukushima Emphasizes Importance of Understanding Multiple Risks
- 19 October, 2017 JAIF-KAIF Industry Seminar Shares Knowledge and /Information in Decommissioning Age
- 5 October, 2017 Kashiwazaki Kariwa 6&7 Become First BWRs to Clear Safety Examinations as NRA Finalizes Examination Reviews
- 29 September, 2017 Status of Class Action Lawsuits Filed by Evacuees after Fukushima Daiichi Accident
- 29 September, 2017 Kashiwazaki Kariwa-6 & -7 Effectively Clear Safety Examinations, But May Not Resume Operation for Several Years
- 28 September, 2017 Revisions to Fukushima Daiichi Decommissioning Roadmap Delay Removal of Spent Fuel
- 26 September, 2017 Responsibility for Explaining the Unknowable
- 6 September, 2017 Government Team Releases Draft Revisions to Mid-to-Long-Term Decommissioning Roadmap for Fukushima Daiichi NPPs
- 21 August, 2017 NRA Approves Full Water-Shielding Wall at Fukushima Daiichi NPPs
- 17 August, 2017 Governmental Council to Start Activities This Fall Toward Realizing the Fukushima Innovation Coast Vision
On December 16, the second Hairo Sozo Robocon (Robot Contest) for students at colleges of technology around Japan was staged at the Naraha Remote Technology Development Center in Naraha Town, Fukushima Prefecture.