Let me introduce myself. I am Shiro Arai, the newly appointed president of the Japan Atomic Industrial Forum, Inc. I heartily offer my greetings to you in my new position.
- 22 May, 2020 Sendai-2 Starts Periodic Inspection, with Due Date Imminent to Install Specific Safety Facilities
- 3 April, 2020 TEPCO Presents Ten-Year Decommissioning Midterm Action Plan for Fukushima Daiichi NPS
- 27 February, 2020 NRA Approves Changes to Reactor Installation for Onagawa-2 under New Regulatory Standards
- 10 February, 2020 NRA Exchanges Views with Tohoku Electric President, Who Says Major Turning Point Is Approaching Toward Restart
- 10 February, 2020 Nuclear Reform Monitoring Committee Cites Major Progress at TEPCO, Giving High Marks to Its State of Improvement on Priority Issues
- 16 January, 2020 Japan’s Nuclear Power Plant Capacity Factor Stood at Just 21.4 Percent Last Year
- 25 December, 2019 ANRE Committee Clarifies Options for Treated Contaminated Water at Fukushima Daiichi NPPs, Viewing Both Offshore and Vapor Release Favorably
- 13 December, 2019 NRA Approves Decommissioning Plans for Kansai EP’s Ohi-1 and-2
- 29 November, 2019 NRA Issues Draft Review Report: Onagawa-2 Meets New Regulatory Standards
- 10 September, 2019 Kyushu Electric Power Files Decommissioning Plan for Genkai-2 and Seeks Change to Genkai-1 Plan, with Work on Both to Proceed Simultaneously
- 4 September, 2019 White Paper on Nuclear Energy Features Decommissioning, Accumulation of Technology as “Great Assets” for the Future
- 29 August, 2019 TEPCO to Decide Fate of Kashiwazaki Kariwa Units 1 to 5 Five Years after Restarting Units 6 and 7
- 29 August, 2019 TEPCO, Chubu Electric Power, Hitachi, Toshiba Considering Joint Business for BWRs
Each year, the Japan Atomic Industrial Forum, Inc. (JAIF) presents a survey titled “World Nuclear Power Plants.” This year's survey is compiled from data as of January 1, 2020 based on replies to questionnaires sent to electric power companies and nuclear-related organizations around the world.