On June 18, Chairman Toyoshi Fuketa of Japan’s Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) exchanged views in Tokyo with Governor Issei Nishikawa of Fukui Prefecture. The meeting was scheduled as an opportunity for the NRA to hear the wishes of the local municipality prior to the start of decommissioning of the prototype fast breeder reactor (FBR) Monju in Fukui Prefecture.
- 2 February, 2018 Capacity Factor of Sendai-1 Last Year Was 106.7%
- 29 January, 2018 Japan’s NRA Exchanges Views with JAPC President Muramatsu, a Firm Believer in Thorough Safety
- 15 January, 2018 ANRE Head Meets Niigata Governor on Kashiwazaki Kariwa, Delivers Document from METI Minister
- 27 December, 2017 Kashiwazaki Kariwa 6 & 7 Clear Safety Examinations, First BWRs
- 28 November, 2017 Fukui Governor Agrees to Restart Ohi-3 and Ohi-4 NPPs, with Local Procedures Complete
- 28 November, 2017 JAPC Files Application for Permission to Extend Lifetime of Tokai-2 NPP to 60 Years
- 25 September, 2017 NRA to Expand Application Period for Examinations to Extend Lifetimes of Aging Reactors
- 31 August, 2017 Power Companies Request Pre-service Inspections Toward Restarting Reactors at Genkai and Ohi
- 11 July, 2017 OECD/NEA Director-General Magwood Asks Japan to Boost International Cooperation, So As to Utilize Its Strength
- 30 June, 2017 Japan’s NRA Approves Ikata-1 Decommissioning Plan
- 24 May, 2017 Ohi-3 & -4 NPPs Clear Safety Examinations toward Restarts this Autumn
- 17 May, 2017 Takahama-4 NPP is Restarted
- 17 May, 2017 Second Nuclear Fuel Facility Clears NRA’s Safety Examination Officially
On February 16, Japan's Chugoku Electric Power Co. announced that it would apply to the Nuclear Regulation Authority of Japan (NRA) for permission to start operation of its Shimane-3 Nuclear Power Plant (ABWR, 1,373MW), located in Matsue (Shimane Prefecture). The construction of the reactor is almost complete.