NRA Grants Permission to Make Changes to Reactor Installation at HTTR under New Regulatory Standards
At a meeting on June 3, the Nuclear Regulation Authority of Japan (NRA) finalized a review report for the High-Temperature Engineering Test Reactor (HTTR), owned by the Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA), saying that it was compatible with the new regulatory standards. The reactor, with a thermal output of 30MW, is situated in Oarai Town, Ibaraki Prefecture. The NRA then issued the Agency its approval to make changes to the reactor installation (basic design approval).
- 27 March, 2020 NRA Issues Draft Review Report for JAEA’s HTTR
- 23 January, 2020 Finishing Mission in Japan, IAEA’s IRRS Points Out Importance of NRA’s Communicating with Nuclear Industry
- 2 August, 2019 Tohoku Electric Power Applies for Approval of Onagawa-1 Decommissioning Plan
- 2 August, 2019 IEEJ’s 2020 Economic and Energy Outlook Compares Effects of Completing and Not Completing Anti-Terrorism Facilities at Japan’s NPPs
- 1 August, 2019 NRA Deliberates Response by Takahama NPPs against Potential Tsunamis Caused by Underwater Landslides
- 31 May, 2019 NRA Orders Kansai EP to Backfit Takahama and Other NPPs Based on New Volcano Impact Information
- 31 May, 2019 Local Governments Asks National Government to Help Get Overseas Import Regulation on Foods Withdrawn or Relaxed
- 24 May, 2019 Japanese Power Companies to Cooperate with Each Other to Complete Anti-terrorism Facilities More Quickly
- 21 May, 2019 【52nd JAIF Annual Conference】 Leader Perspective: “The Role of Nuclear Energy in the EU Low-carbon Future”
- 24 April, 2019 Electric Power Companies Ask NRA for Understanding on Extending Grace Period for Building Anti-Terrorism Facilities at NPPs
- 19 March, 2019 JANSI Annual Conference Discusses Fermentation and Permeation of Safety Culture
- 7 March, 2019 NRA Issues Draft Reports Approving Genkai-3 and -4 as Facilities for Responding to Specific Severe Accidents
- 16 November, 2018 NRA Allows Tokai-2 to Be Operated for Sixty Years, a First for a BWR
At a regular meeting on May 13, the Nuclear Regulation Authority of Japan (NRA) issued a draft review report for the Rokkasho Reprocessing Plant, owned by Japan Nuclear Fuel Ltd. (JNFL), saying that the facility was compatible with the new regulatory standards. The report will be finalized after it is referred to the Japan Atomic Energy Commission (JAEC) and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), and made open to the public for comments.