On May 30, the Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) released a progress report on the decommissioning work taking place at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plants.
- 10 May, 2019 President of Decommissioning Company Says “Feel” from Unit 3 Will Aid Decommissioning of Other Units
- 10 May, 2019 Demonstration Made by MHI and IRID of Robot Arm to Remove Fuel Debris from Fukushima Daiichi
- 24 April, 2019 Leaders Meet with OECD Secretary-General Gurría to Address Fukushima Reconstruction
- 24 April, 2019 Governor Uchibori of Fukushima Says That Thorough Explanations Are the Only Way to Eliminate Unfounded Fears and Rumors
- 15 April, 2019 Okuma Town Becomes First Nuclear Hosting Municipality to Have Evacuation Orders Partially Lifted
- 11 April, 2019 Some Evacuation Orders in Okuma Town to Be Lifted on April 10, with New Town Office to Start Operation in May
- 3 April, 2019 Hitachi-GE, IRID Develop Boat-type Submersible Devices to Investigate PCV Interior at Fukushima Daiichi-1
- 27 March, 2019 Start of Olympic Torch Relay at J-Village Is Message to World, Fukushima Governor Says
- 15 February, 2019 TEPCO Makes Contact with Debris at Fukushima Daiichi-2
- 12 February, 2019 Dismantling of Exhaust Stack at Fukushima Daiichi-1 and -2 to Start in May
- 30 January, 2019 In Anticipation of Next Year’s Olympics, Reception Held to Expand Sales of Fukushima Products
- 26 December, 2018 Students Battle in Contest of Robots to Remove Fuel Debris
- 12 December, 2018 Fukushima Governor to Visit Hong Kong in January to Dispel Fears and Misinformation
On April 10, the second day of the JAIF Annual Conference, a presentation was given by Managing Executive Officer Akira Ono of Tokyo Electric Power Co., and president of the Fukushima Daiichi Decontamination and Decommissioning Engineering Company (FDEC), concerning the current state and challenges at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plants.