On April 10, the Japanese government lifted evacuation orders for the Okawara and Nakayashiki Districts of Okuma Town (Fukushima Prefecture), issued after the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear accident of March 11, 2011. It was the first time an order was lifted for either of the two municipalities hosting the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant(NPP): Okuma and Futaba Towns.
- 3 April, 2019 Hitachi-GE, IRID Develop Boat-type Submersible Devices to Investigate PCV Interior at Fukushima Daiichi-1
- 27 March, 2019 Start of Olympic Torch Relay at J-Village Is Message to World, Fukushima Governor Says
- 15 February, 2019 TEPCO Makes Contact with Debris at Fukushima Daiichi-2
- 12 February, 2019 Dismantling of Exhaust Stack at Fukushima Daiichi-1 and -2 to Start in May
- 30 January, 2019 In Anticipation of Next Year’s Olympics, Reception Held to Expand Sales of Fukushima Products
- 26 December, 2018 Students Battle in Contest of Robots to Remove Fuel Debris
- 12 December, 2018 Fukushima Governor to Visit Hong Kong in January to Dispel Fears and Misinformation
- 10 October, 2018 The Implications of Removing the “Sun Child” Statue in Fukushima
- 10 September, 2018 NRA Chairman Worried that Tritium Water Storage Would Complicate Fukushima Daiichi Decommissioning
- 10 September, 2018 Explanatory Meetings and Public Hearings Held on Handling of Tritium Water in Tomioka, Koriyama and Tokyo
- 30 August, 2018 Preparations Continue to Remove Spent Nuclear Fuel from Unit 3 at Fukushima Daiichi
- 16 August, 2018 International Forum on Decommissioning Fukushima Daiichi Highlights Remotely-Operated Systems
- 26 July, 2018 J-Village Stadium to Revert to Original Role as Soccer Training Center, Having Contributed to the Stabilization of Fukushima Daiichi
Some Evacuation Orders in Okuma Town to Be Lifted on April 10, with New Town Office to Start Operation in May
On April 5, the Japanese government’s nuclear emergency response headquarters decided to lift evacuation orders in the Okawara and Nakayashiki Districts of Okuma Town, Fukushima Prefecture, as of April 10.