Visiting Vienna for three days from August 18 to 20, Minister Hiroshi Kajiyama of Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) met with Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on August 19.
- 2 July, 2021 Mihama-3 Restarted After Decade-long Hiatus: First Restart in Japan of a Reactor Operating Beyond 40 Years
- 28 June, 2021 Mihama-3 Restarts after Decade-long Hiatus
- 16 June, 2021 ANRE Sticks to “S+3E”
- 16 June, 2021 Japanese Cabinet Approves Environmental White Paper 2021
- 14 June, 2021 NRA Considers Policy on Treating Slurry from ALPS, with Local Understanding Essential
- 9 June, 2021 MNF Hopes to Resume Fuel Production as Early as November
- 1 June, 2021 Preparations Continue Toward Restarting Tokai-2 NPP
- 31 July, 2020 NRA Permits JNFL to Alter Rokkasho Reprocessing Plant, Its Having Complied with New Regulatory Standards
- 8 June, 2020 NRA Grants Permission to Make Changes to Reactor Installation at HTTR under New Regulatory Standards
- 15 May, 2020 NRA Issues Draft Review Report for Rokkasho Reprocessing Plant
- 27 March, 2020 NRA Issues Draft Review Report for JAEA’s HTTR
- 23 January, 2020 Finishing Mission in Japan, IAEA’s IRRS Points Out Importance of NRA’s Communicating with Nuclear Industry
- 2 August, 2019 Tohoku Electric Power Applies for Approval of Onagawa-1 Decommissioning Plan
On July 21, a rough draft of Japan’s next Strategic Energy Plan was presented at the Strategic Policy Committee, under the Advisory Committee for Natural Resources and Energy. Because 3 years have passed since the current plan was issued, the Japanese government has been addressing its revision since last fall. The policy committee is chaired by Takashi Shiraishi, chancellor of the Prefectural University of Kumamoto.