On September 27, President Akio Takahashi of the Japan Atomic Industrial Forum (JAIF) gave his regular press briefing.
- 28 September, 2018 Hiroshima High Court Rules to Allow Ikata-3 to Restart
- 13 September, 2018 NRA Chairman Rebuts Idea that Hokkaido Blackouts Could Have Been Averted Had Tomari NPPs Been Restarted
- 10 September, 2018 NRA Chairman Worried that Tritium Water Storage Would Complicate Fukushima Daiichi Decommissioning
- 10 September, 2018 Explanatory Meetings and Public Hearings Held on Handling of Tritium Water in Tomioka, Koriyama and Tokyo
- 16 August, 2018 Chugoku Electric Applies for Shimane-3 Safety Examination: Second for a Reactor under Construction after Ohma NPP
- 20 July, 2018 Japan-IAEA Joint Nuclear Energy Management School Opens for 2018, Developing Next Generation of Young Professionals
- 20 July, 2018 ANRE to Hold Explanatory Meetings and Public Hearings on Handling of Tritium Water
- 6 July, 2018 NRA Draft Report: Tokai-2 NPP Complies with New Regulatory Standards
- 20 June, 2018 Fukui Governor Castigates NRA Chairman over Slow Examinations
- 20 February, 2018 Chugoku Electric Power Applies to NRA for Compatibility Examination for Shimane-3
- 2 February, 2018 Capacity Factor of Sendai-1 Last Year Was 106.7%
- 29 January, 2018 Japan’s NRA Exchanges Views with JAPC President Muramatsu, a Firm Believer in Thorough Safety
- 15 January, 2018 ANRE Head Meets Niigata Governor on Kashiwazaki Kariwa, Delivers Document from METI Minister
At a regular meeting on September 26, Japan’s Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) approved a review report finding that the Tokai-2 Nuclear Power Plant (BWR, 1100MWe), owned and operated by the Japan Atomic Power Company (JAPC), is compatible with the country’s new regulatory standards.