We are pleased to announce that the 53rd edition of JAIF Annual Conference (AC) will be held at the Tokyo International Forum on April 20-21 this year. We cordially invite you to be part of the flagship event of the Japanese nuclear industry.
Under the Paris Agreement, the new international framework for curbing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to realize a low-carbon society is envisioned by 2050. The Japanese government also advocates a so-called “energy shift” and realization of a low-carbon society with nuclear energy as an option, but in reality nuclear energy is facing bleak future prospects worldwide. Amidst climate emergency, join us at the JAIF AC to consider the desired states of energy and nuclear business from broad viewpoints, and what we should do for future generations.
Make sure to check our JAIF AC website (https://www.jaif.or.jp/53rd-annual/en/index.html) for further updates and information on registration (to be announced soon).
JAIF Members: 51,000 JPY / Non JAIF Members: 102,000 JPY
On November 12, the Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA) held a meeting in Tokyo to make a public report of its activities during the past year.
JAEA President Toshio Kodama began the meeting by explaining Future Vision JAEA2050+, formulated by the agency at the end of last month. Presentations were then given on the latest results of R&D at the agency, followed by a talk session about its research and involvement in society
In that session, presentations were given by Itaru Yasui, president of the Institute for Promoting Sustainable Societies and chair of the Nuclear Energy Subcommittee under the Advisory Committee for Natural Resources and Energy, as well as by Tomoko Murakami of the Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ).
Next to speak was someone from industry: Takashi Mats...more
- 15 November, 2019 IAEA/RCA Symposium: Cooperating with Developing Countries Through Nuclear Science and Technology
- 23 October, 2019 Symposium with Students Held in Tsuruga City on Future Research and Test Reactors
- 17 October, 2019 JAIF Holds Women’s Symposium, with Presentations by Weathercaster and Professor
- 7 October, 2019 Fukushima Joban Products Fair Begins, Featuring Seafood Sent Directly to Restaurants in Tokyo-Yokohama Area
- 10 September, 2019 Symposium in Tokyo Looks at Taiwanese Energy Situation, and Discusses Fear and Misinformation about Foods Sourced in Fukushima
- 27 March, 2019 Last Chance to Attend the 52nd JAIF Annual Conference
- 1 February, 2019 Registration Opens for the 52nd JAIF Annual Conference
- 16 January, 2019 Details Set for the 52nd JAIF Annual Conference
- 27 March, 2018 Registration Ends Soon for the 51st JAIF Annual Conference
- 23 February, 2018 Registration Opens for the 51st JAIF Annual Conference
- 11 January, 2018 Details Set for the 51st JAIF Annual Conference
- 11 January, 2018 Japan’s exhibition at the 61st IAEA General Conference
- 28 March, 2017 Registration Ends Soon for the 50th JAIF Annual Conference