On November 30, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. (MHI) announced its Energy Transition project to realize “2050 carbon neutral”—namely, net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050—for the entirety of the MHI group.
- 24 November, 2020 Japan’s Energy Supply and Demand in Fiscal 2019 Shows CO2 Emissions Down for Sixth Year in a Row
- 24 November, 2020 NUMO Accepts Applications from Two Municipalities to Conduct Literature Surveys, Moving Closer Toward Selecting HLW Final Disposal Site
- 16 November, 2020 Kyushu Electric Power Starts Operating Facilities at Sendai-1 NPP Designed for “Specific Severe Accident” Response—First Time in Japan
- 13 November, 2020 Japan’s NRA Approves Changes to Mutsu Recyclable-Fuel Storage Center after Confirming Regulatory Compliance
- 13 November, 2020 Keidanren Announces New Growth Strategy Supporting Advanced Reactor Development
- 29 October, 2020 New Prime Minister Suga Enthusiastic for Carbon-Free Society by 2050
- 16 October, 2020 Government’s Strategic Policy Committee Starts Deliberations toward Revision of Strategic Energy Plan
- 13 October, 2020 NUMO Accepts Suttsu’s Application for Literature Survey in Selecting HLW Final Disposal Site—First Since Release of Map of Scientific Features
- 12 October, 2020 Nuclear Power Plant and Reactor Exporters’ Principles of Conduct (NuPoC)
- 9 October, 2020 NRA Approves Draft Review Report Finding MOX Fuel Fabrication Plant Compatible with Regulatory Standards
- 23 September, 2020 Hitachi to End Business Operations on UK Nuclear Power Project
- 15 September, 2020 Japan’s Cabinet Office to Hold Virtual Side Event on Radiation Cancer Therapy at IAEA General Conference
- 10 September, 2020 New Report Released on Nuclear Power’s Role in Dealing with Environment Issues
JAIF Releases Results of Fact-finding Survey of Japanese Nuclear Industry for Fiscal 2019: Some Effects Seen of COVID-19
At a press briefing on November 20, the Japan Atomic Industrial Forum (JAIF) released an overview of the results of its most recent annual Fact-finding Survey of the Japanese Nuclear Industry, for the fiscal year 2019 (ended March 31, 2020).