Chugoku Electric Applies for Shimane-3 Safety Examination: Second for a Reactor under Construction after Ohma NPP
On August 10, the Chugoku Electric Power Co. filed an application with Japan’s Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) for examination of its Shimane-3 Nuclear Power Plant (NPP, 1,373MWe, ABWR) for compatibility with the country’s new regulatory standards. Construction work began on the unit more than a decade ago, in December 2005.
- 26 July, 2018 J-Village Stadium to Revert to Original Role as Soccer Training Center, Having Contributed to the Stabilization of Fukushima Daiichi
- 20 July, 2018 Japan-IAEA Joint Nuclear Energy Management School Opens for 2018, Developing Next Generation of Young Professionals
- 20 July, 2018 ANRE to Hold Explanatory Meetings and Public Hearings on Handling of Tritium Water
- 6 July, 2018 NRA Draft Report: Tokai-2 NPP Complies with New Regulatory Standards
- 6 July, 2018 Strategic Energy Plan Approved by Cabinet: FEPC Chairman Calls It “Key Policy of the Nation”
- 4 July, 2018 Court of Second Instance Approves Operation of Ohi NPPs
- 29 June, 2018 JAIF President Personally Sad to See Fukushima Daini Go
- 25 June, 2018 LDP Diet Caucus Delivers Strategic Energy Plan Proposal to METI Minister, Calling for Early NPP Restarts and New NPP Construction
- 21 June, 2018 JAIF Holds General Assembly: Chairman Imai Welcomes JAIF’s Role as “Control Tower” to Strategically Develop Nuclear Human Resources
- 20 June, 2018 Fukui Governor Castigates NRA Chairman over Slow Examinations
- 20 June, 2018 New Association to Be Launched in July, with Ei Kadokami at the Helm
- 15 June, 2018 Fukushima Daini NPPs to Be Decommissioned as Well
- 12 June, 2018 Cabinet Approves FY2017 White Paper on Energy Policy, Including Overview from Mid-1800s to 2050
On August 5 and 6, an international forum was held in Fukushima Prefecture, as part of ongoing efforts in the decommissioning of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plants.