Seven of Japan’s Ten Power Companies See Falling Profits Due to Higher Fuel Costs: Key Is Restarting NPPs
On January 31, Japan's ten major power companies announced their fiscal results for the first three quarters of fiscal 2017 (that is, from April to December 2017). Ordinary profits at seven of them declined year-on-year, the exceptions being the Hokuriku Electric Power Co., the Shikoku Electric Power Co., and the Okinawa Electric Power Co.
- 11 January, 2018 JAIF Chairman Imai Calls Upon Domestic Nuclear Industry to Strengthen Cooperation Through Concerted Efforts
- 12 December, 2017 Seven-point Contraction in Nuclear Share of Energy Mix Would Push Real GDP Down by 2.5 to 2.7 Trillion Yen
- 19 October, 2017 JAIF-KAIF Industry Seminar Shares Knowledge and /Information in Decommissioning Age
- 3 October, 2017 JAIF “Delivers” Lectures to Students Concerning Solutions to HLW Disposal Issues
- 1 September, 2017 Cabinet Office Releases Results of Study on Economic Scale of Radiation Applications in Fiscal 2015
- 8 August, 2017 This Year’s Japan-IAEA Joint NEM School Ends with Signing of HRD Agreement
- 7 August, 2017 JAIF President Comments on Meeting of Japanese and Taiwanese Nuclear Energy Experts
- 3 August, 2017 IEEJ Releases 2018 Economic and Energy Outlook: Pace of NPP Restarts Affects Improvement of 3Es
- 25 July, 2017 Japan-India Nuclear Cooperation Agreement Comes into Force with Exchange of Diplomatic Notes in New Delhi
- 25 July, 2017 Nuclear Energy Experts from Japan and Taiwan Meet to Exchange Views on Plant Decommissioning and Waste Treatment and Disposal
- 21 July, 2017 2017 Japan-IAEA Joint Nuclear Energy Management School Opens for Several Dozen Young Professionals from Seventeen Countries
- 17 May, 2017 Second Nuclear Fuel Facility Clears NRA’s Safety Examination Officially
- 26 April, 2017 Japan’s Dependence on Thermal Power Remains High Despite Restart of NPPs
On January 30, Japan's Shikoku Electric Power Co. released its consolidated accounts for the third quarter of FY2017 (April 2017 to March 2018).