On April 6, JGC Holdings Corporation (JGC) announced that it would expand its business overseas—engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) for small modular reactors (SMRs)—and invest USD40 million in NuScale Power, LLC, a developer of SMRs in the United States.
- 3 December, 2020 MHI Launches New Strategy to Achieve Carbon Neutrality by 2050
- 26 November, 2020 JAIF Releases Results of Fact-finding Survey of Japanese Nuclear Industry for Fiscal 2019: Some Effects Seen of COVID-19
- 12 October, 2020 Nuclear Power Plant and Reactor Exporters’ Principles of Conduct (NuPoC)
- 23 September, 2020 Hitachi to End Business Operations on UK Nuclear Power Project
- 3 September, 2020 JAIF Issues Joint Video Message with Foreign Counterparts
- 3 August, 2020 On Taking Office as JAIF President
- 3 August, 2020 Nuclear Energy Buyers Guide in Japan 2020-21 is now available
- 16 June, 2020 Toshiba ESS and Yokohama National University Boost Joint Research to Upgrade Heavy-Ion Cancer Therapy, Using Kanagawa Prefectural Facility
- 5 February, 2020 Interview with Two Experts: Former UKAEA Chair Says “Political Intentions Exist Behind Unfounded Fears and Rumors”
- 29 January, 2020 JAIF President Takahashi Gives Press Briefing, Describing Court Order Halting the Operation of Ikata-3 as “Regrettable”
- 27 November, 2019 JAIF Releases Results of Fact-Finding Survey of Japanese Nuclear Industry for Fiscal 2018
- 26 November, 2019 Hitachi Receives Order from Mayo Clinic to Build First Carbon Ion Treatment System in North America
- 25 November, 2019 Keidanren: Japan’s Commitment to Low-Carbon Society Shows NPP Restarts Helped Reduce CO2 Emissions in Fiscal 2018
On February 26, the Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA) announced that it had resumed operation of its research reactor—the Japan Research Reactor No. 3 (JRR-3), with a maximum thermal output of 20 MW—in Tokai Village, Ibaraki Prefecture.