On October 16, the 34th JAIF-KAIF Seminar on Nuclear Industry was held in Tokyo, jointly sponsored by the Japan Atomic Industrial Forum, Inc. (JAIF) and the Korea Atomic Industrial Forum, Inc. (KAIF). The two initiated the seminar in 1979.
- 1 September, 2017 Cabinet Office Releases Results of Study on Economic Scale of Radiation Applications in Fiscal 2015
- 8 August, 2017 This Year’s Japan-IAEA Joint NEM School Ends with Signing of HRD Agreement
- 7 August, 2017 JAIF President Comments on Meeting of Japanese and Taiwanese Nuclear Energy Experts
- 3 August, 2017 IEEJ Releases 2018 Economic and Energy Outlook: Pace of NPP Restarts Affects Improvement of 3Es
- 25 July, 2017 Japan-India Nuclear Cooperation Agreement Comes into Force with Exchange of Diplomatic Notes in New Delhi
- 25 July, 2017 Nuclear Energy Experts from Japan and Taiwan Meet to Exchange Views on Plant Decommissioning and Waste Treatment and Disposal
- 21 July, 2017 2017 Japan-IAEA Joint Nuclear Energy Management School Opens for Several Dozen Young Professionals from Seventeen Countries
- 17 May, 2017 Second Nuclear Fuel Facility Clears NRA’s Safety Examination Officially
- 26 April, 2017 Japan’s Dependence on Thermal Power Remains High Despite Restart of NPPs
- 24 April, 2017 JAIF Annual Report: 439 NPPs Now Operating Worldwide, with a Capacity of 406GWe
- 20 April, 2017 Second Nuclear Fuel Facility Clears NRA’s Safety Examination
- 24 March, 2017 TEPCO Open to Integrate Nuclear, Transmission and Distribution Businesses
- 15 March, 2017 Increase in Coal-fired Plants Would Complicate CO2 Emissions Reduction Target
On September 22 and 26, the Japan Atomic Industrial Forum (JAIF) presented lectures to roughly 20 third-year students at Tokyo City University under the theme of "Thinking Together about the Disposal of High-Level Radioactive Waste (HLW)." The students are all majoring in nuclear fuel engineering in the school's Department of Nuclear Safety Engineering.