On June 8, Japan’s Cabinet approved the White Paper on Energy Policy for FY2017 (April 2017 to March 2018), an annual overview of policies on energy supply and demand. The first part of the document takes up progress toward restoration of Fukushima, the same topic as was treated last year.
- 28 May, 2018 ANRE Verifies Summer Electricity Supply and Demand Projections, Expecting 3% Reserve Capacity Margin in All Service Areas
- 28 May, 2018 JRI Projects 20% Lower Power Consumption in 2050 than in 2016
- 28 May, 2018 Committee Members Voice Opinions on Draft of Revised Strategic Energy Plan, Eyeing 2050
- 18 May, 2018 Draft of Revised Strategic Energy Plan Aims for Firm Implementation of 2030 Energy Mix, Eyeing 2050 As Well
- 18 May, 2018 Council of Local Governments with Atomic Power Stations Asks National Government to Clarify Policy
- 9 May, 2018 [51st JAIF Annual Conference] Session 1: Energy Policy
- 23 March, 2018 Seventh NPP Restarted: Genkai-3
- 23 March, 2018 Ohi-3 Becomes Japan’s First 1000MW-Class NPP to Be Restarted
- 19 March, 2018 Genkai Town Assembly Approves Proposal Seeking New NPP Construction
- 16 March, 2018 FEPC Adheres to Policy of MOX Fuel Use at 16 to 18 NPPs
- 22 February, 2018 Advisory Committee for Natural Resources and Energy’s Strategic Policy Committee Hears from Keidanren and Others
- 29 January, 2018 Japan’s NRA Exchanges Views with JAPC President Muramatsu, a Firm Believer in Thorough Safety
- 29 January, 2018 JAEC Special Committee Addresses Draft Revisions to Nuclear Damage Compensation System
On May 24, at a monthly briefing for the press, President Akio Takahashi of the Japan Atomic Industrial Forum (JAIF) spoke further about his May 23 message on “Expecting Activities toward Commercialization of High-Temperature Gas-Cooled Reactors (HTGRs),” answering questions about it.