A subcommittee of experts at the Atomic Energy Society of Japan (AESJ), having carried out a quantitative analysis of data from the International Energy Agency (IEA) and others, released a final report on September 4 on the potential of using nuclear power to deal with environmental issues.
- 3 August, 2020 On Taking Office as JAIF President
- 16 March, 2020 Keidanren Chairman Nakanishi Emphasizes Need for Nuclear Discussions from a Broad Energy Point of View
- 30 September, 2019 MEXT Minister Shares His Hopes with the Press, Seeking to Secure Human Resources Together with Universities
- 4 September, 2019 White Paper on Nuclear Energy Features Decommissioning, Accumulation of Technology as “Great Assets” for the Future
- 16 August, 2019 Proponents for Above-ground HLW Management Lose in Chiba University Debate
- 8 August, 2019 JAERO President Masumoto Reports to JAEC on Activities and Accumulation of Knowhow in the 50 Years since Establishment
- 2 August, 2019 IEEJ’s 2020 Economic and Energy Outlook Compares Effects of Completing and Not Completing Anti-Terrorism Facilities at Japan’s NPPs
- 1 August, 2019 JAEC Chairman Oka Remembers IAEA Director General Amano
- 1 August, 2019 Japan-IAEA Nuclear Energy Management School Begins Its Summer 2019 Session
- 30 July, 2019 Strategic Policy Committee Meets for First Time in Half a Year to Consider Recent Changes in Energy Circumstances
- 17 July, 2019 Fukui Governor Asks METI and MEXT to Use Decommissioning to Spur Industrial Development of Prefecture
- 13 June, 2019 Japan’s Cabinet Approves FY18 White Paper on Energy Policy, Seeking Low-carbon Society to Meet Paris Agreement Goals
- 31 May, 2019 Local Governments Asks National Government to Help Get Overseas Import Regulation on Foods Withdrawn or Relaxed
At a press conference held after a cabinet meeting on August 25, Hiroshi Kajiyama, head of Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), addressed a report that Suttsu Town in Hokkaido has been considering accepting a series of investigations toward being selected as a high-level radioactive waste (HLW) disposal site.