Let me introduce myself. I am Shiro Arai, the newly appointed president of the Japan Atomic Industrial Forum, Inc. I heartily offer my greetings to you in my new position.
- 23 March, 2020 Comments on the Resumption of Full Operation of the JR Joban Line
- 4 March, 2020 Toward Understanding on Disposal of the Treated Water, in Cooperation with the IAEA
- 3 March, 2020 Comments on NRA’s Approval for Changes to Onagawa-2
- 23 July, 2019 Grief at the Passing of IAEA DG Yukiya Amano
- 10 June, 2019 Nuclear Science and Technology Helping to Achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- 7 January, 2019 New Year’s Message for 2019
- 28 March, 2018 Thoughts on the Resumption of Operation at the Ohi-3 and Genkai-3 NPPs
- 27 December, 2017 Comments on NRA Approval of Safety Inspections for Units 6 & 7 at Kashiwazaki Kariwa NPPs
- 20 October, 2017 Tasks for the Japanese Nuclear Industry as South Korea and Taiwan Retreat from Nuclear Power
- 5 September, 2017 Strongly Protest Nuclear Test by North Korea
- 28 July, 2017 Commentary on Publication of National Map of Scientific Characteristics Regarding Geological Disposal of HLW
- 7 June, 2017 Welcoming Diet Approval of the India-Japan Civilian Nuclear Agreement
- 7 April, 2017 Fukushima Prefecture Evacuation Orders Partially Lifted: Expectations for a Speedier Improvement of Conditions for Residents to Return Home
At a meeting held on July 29, 2020, the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) of Japan approved changes to the nuclear spent fuel reprocessing business of Japan Nuclear Fuel Ltd. (JNFL). Realization of the reprocessing plant—at the heart of Japan’s nuclear fuel cycle project—will be a great step forward. It has been six and a half years since the firm first applied for safety checks back in January 2014. I want to express my appreciation to JNFL, the NRA and all the other parties involved for their efforts.