The JAIF-KAIF Seminar held on October 16 recognized the concerns of the South Korean nuclear industry and academic community about President Moon Jae-in's policy of phasing out nuclear power that was announced in June. That country's nuclear industry has taken the initiative in objecting to the decision, which it says will adversely affect employment and sales, including nuclear-related export opportunities.
- 28 July, 2017 Commentary on Publication of National Map of Scientific Characteristics Regarding Geological Disposal of HLW
- 7 June, 2017 Welcoming Diet Approval of the India-Japan Civilian Nuclear Agreement
- 7 April, 2017 Fukushima Prefecture Evacuation Orders Partially Lifted: Expectations for a Speedier Improvement of Conditions for Residents to Return Home
- 28 March, 2017 Court Overturns Injunction Stopping Operation at Takahama NPPs
- 23 January, 2017 Promoting Cooperation with the U.K. on Decommissioning and New Build
- 28 December, 2016 Expectations of CO2 Emission Reduction Through Use of Nuclear Power
- 22 December, 2016 Thoughts on the Decommissioning of the FBR Monju
- 16 December, 2016 Looking Forward to Technological and Personnel Development to Support Future Reactor Decommissioning: Ways to Get the Younger Generation Interested
- 11 November, 2016 Welcoming the Signing of the Japan-India Civilian Nuclear Agreement: Contributing to Solutions to Climate Change
- 27 July, 2016 New Knowledge about Radiation’s Health Effects Promises Clarification about Its Role in Carcinogenesis
- 18 May, 2016 Toward the Development of Young Nuclear Engineers and Researchers Capable of Acting Globally
- 2 May, 2016 Restarting Test and Research Reactors and Operating Them Safely
- 25 February, 2016 Examinations of Fault Zones of Crushed Rock at Nuclear Sites
We strongly protest North Korea’s sixth nuclear test, defiantly carried out on September 3.