The theme of Session 2 of the JAIF Annual Conference this year, held on April 14, was “Onward in the Reconstruction of Fukushima,” which has been repeated since 2012, the year following the nuclear accident at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plants (NPPs).
- 19 April, 2021 【54th JAIF Annual Conference】Chairman Imai Says “Continuation of Nuclear Power is Essential”
- 13 April, 2021 Remarks by JAIF Chairman Imai Takashi at the 54th JAIF Annual Conference
- 7 April, 2021 Last Chance to Attend the 54th JAIF Annual Conference
- 25 February, 2021 Registration Opens for the 54th JAIF Annual Conference
- 15 September, 2020 Japan’s Cabinet Office to Hold Virtual Side Event on Radiation Cancer Therapy at IAEA General Conference
- 13 March, 2020 Cancellation of the 53rd JAIF Annual Conference
- 12 February, 2020 Registration Opens for the 53rd JAIF Annual Conference
- 5 February, 2020 2021 Nuclear Recruiting Events Held in Tokyo on February 1, and in Osaka on the 16th
- 23 January, 2020 Announcement of the 53rd JAIF Annual Conference
- 15 November, 2019 JAEA Holds Public Meeting, Discusses Future Vision, Fukushima Reconstruction and Revitalization
- 15 November, 2019 IAEA/RCA Symposium: Cooperating with Developing Countries Through Nuclear Science and Technology
- 23 October, 2019 Symposium with Students Held in Tsuruga City on Future Research and Test Reactors
- 17 October, 2019 JAIF Holds Women’s Symposium, with Presentations by Weathercaster and Professor
In the panel discussion in Session I, which focused on achieving a decarbonized society by 2050 as envisioned in the Paris Agreement, panelists discussed commitments to energy conversion, the establishment of sustainable energy systems, and the contributions of nuclear power to these and other global issues. Those were based on suggestions made in the opening and special sessions, and with shared recognition of the global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.