On June 8, the Cabinet approved the “Annual Report on the Environment, the Sound Material-Cycle Society and Biodiversity in Japan,” which is conventionally called the Environmental White Paper 2021.
- 16 June, 2021 Fukui Governor Concerned about Deletion of Reference to “Maximum Utilization” of Nuclear Power
- 14 June, 2021 NRA Considers Policy on Treating Slurry from ALPS, with Local Understanding Essential
- 9 June, 2021 MNF Hopes to Resume Fuel Production as Early as November
- 8 June, 2021 Opinions Differ Within Japan’s Governing Coalition Concerning Nuclear Power
- 8 June, 2021 Local Concerns About Unfounded Fears and Rumors on Offshore Release of Treated Water
- 7 June, 2021 JEMA Proposes that Nuclear Power Be Maintained at a Certain Scale
- 7 June, 2021 IHI to Participate in NuScale’s SMR Project
- 4 June, 2021 FEPC Declares for “Zero Emissions”
- 2 June, 2021 Japan’s Power Industry Workers Union Calls for Prudence toward the Closure of Coal-fired Power Plants
- 2 June, 2021 Japan’s Advisory Committee Discusses Supply-and-Demand Measures in Summer and Winter 2021
- 14 May, 2021 Global Nuclear Industry Open Letter: Net Zero Needs Nuclear
- 19 April, 2021 [54th JAIF Annual Conference] Chairman Imai Says “Continuation of Nuclear Power is Essential”
- 13 April, 2021 Remarks by JAIF Chairman Imai Takashi at the 54th JAIF Annual Conference
On June 14, Japan’s Parliamentary Association for the Promotion of Stable Supplies of Electricity met to hear from the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (ANRE), under the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), on the state of deliberations on the next Strategic Energy Plan. The group is voluntarily formed by members of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), and chaired by Hiroyuki Hosoda（former Chief Cabinet Secretary).