ANRE Nuclear Energy Subcommittee Resumes Deliberations toward Resolving Issues Based on Fifth Strategic Energy Plan
On December 5, the Nuclear Energy Subcommittee under the Advisory Committee for Natural Resources and Energy held its first meeting in eight months.
- 7 November, 2018 National Nuclear Convention Held, Aiming to Reflect the Voices of Siting Areas
- 20 September, 2018 62nd IAEA GC Opens: Japan’s Minister of State for Science Stresses National Policy of Reducing Plutonium Holdings
- 13 September, 2018 NRA Chairman Rebuts Idea that Hokkaido Blackouts Could Have Been Averted Had Tomari NPPs Been Restarted
- 30 August, 2018 International Mentoring Workshop in Science and Engineering for Women Held in Tokyo
- 6 July, 2018 Strategic Energy Plan Approved by Cabinet: FEPC Chairman Calls It “Key Policy of the Nation”
- 4 July, 2018 Court of Second Instance Approves Operation of Ohi NPPs
- 29 June, 2018 JAIF President Personally Sad to See Fukushima Daini Go
- 25 June, 2018 LDP Diet Caucus Delivers Strategic Energy Plan Proposal to METI Minister, Calling for Early NPP Restarts and New NPP Construction
- 12 June, 2018 Cabinet Approves FY2017 White Paper on Energy Policy, Including Overview from Mid-1800s to 2050
- 29 May, 2018 JAIF President Sees HTGRs Carrying Japanese Technology to World, Helping to Secure Human Resources
- 28 May, 2018 ANRE Verifies Summer Electricity Supply and Demand Projections, Expecting 3% Reserve Capacity Margin in All Service Areas
- 28 May, 2018 JRI Projects 20% Lower Power Consumption in 2050 than in 2016
- 28 May, 2018 Committee Members Voice Opinions on Draft of Revised Strategic Energy Plan, Eyeing 2050
On December 3, a working group of the Agency for Natural Resources & Energy (ANRE), under Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), released an outline of a strategic road map specifying a development plan for fast reactors (FRs) in the coming decade.