On November 18, the Agency for Natural Resources & Energy (ANRE), under the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), announced results for Japan’s energy supply and demand in fiscal 2019 (preliminary report), which ended on March 31, 2020.
- 16 October, 2020 Government’s Strategic Policy Committee Starts Deliberations toward Revision of Strategic Energy Plan
- 10 September, 2020 New Report Released on Nuclear Power’s Role in Dealing with Environment Issues
- 27 August, 2020 METI Minister Kajiyama Stresses Importance of Realizing HLW Final Disposal
- 3 August, 2020 On Taking Office as JAIF President
- 16 March, 2020 Keidanren Chairman Nakanishi Emphasizes Need for Nuclear Discussions from a Broad Energy Point of View
- 30 September, 2019 MEXT Minister Shares His Hopes with the Press, Seeking to Secure Human Resources Together with Universities
- 4 September, 2019 White Paper on Nuclear Energy Features Decommissioning, Accumulation of Technology as “Great Assets” for the Future
- 16 August, 2019 Proponents for Above-ground HLW Management Lose in Chiba University Debate
- 8 August, 2019 JAERO President Masumoto Reports to JAEC on Activities and Accumulation of Knowhow in the 50 Years since Establishment
- 2 August, 2019 IEEJ’s 2020 Economic and Energy Outlook Compares Effects of Completing and Not Completing Anti-Terrorism Facilities at Japan’s NPPs
- 1 August, 2019 JAEC Chairman Oka Remembers IAEA Director General Amano
- 1 August, 2019 Japan-IAEA Nuclear Energy Management School Begins Its Summer 2019 Session
- 30 July, 2019 Strategic Policy Committee Meets for First Time in Half a Year to Consider Recent Changes in Energy Circumstances
On November 9, Keidanren (the Japan Business Federation) announced its new growth strategy, introducing policies that it will carry out toward 2030 under the new Japanese government led by Prime Minister Suga.