Government’s Strategic Policy Committee Starts Deliberations toward Revision of Strategic Energy Plan
On October 13, the Strategic Policy Committee, under the Advisory Committee for Natural Resources and Energy (chaired by Takashi Shiraishi, Chancellor of the Prefectural University of Kumamoto), launched deliberations toward issuance of the next Strategic Energy Plan.
- 27 August, 2020 METI Minister Kajiyama Stresses Importance of Realizing HLW Final Disposal
- 3 August, 2020 On Taking Office as JAIF President
- 16 March, 2020 Keidanren Chairman Nakanishi Emphasizes Need for Nuclear Discussions from a Broad Energy Point of View
- 30 September, 2019 MEXT Minister Shares His Hopes with the Press, Seeking to Secure Human Resources Together with Universities
- 4 September, 2019 White Paper on Nuclear Energy Features Decommissioning, Accumulation of Technology as “Great Assets” for the Future
- 16 August, 2019 Proponents for Above-ground HLW Management Lose in Chiba University Debate
- 8 August, 2019 JAERO President Masumoto Reports to JAEC on Activities and Accumulation of Knowhow in the 50 Years since Establishment
- 2 August, 2019 IEEJ’s 2020 Economic and Energy Outlook Compares Effects of Completing and Not Completing Anti-Terrorism Facilities at Japan’s NPPs
- 1 August, 2019 JAEC Chairman Oka Remembers IAEA Director General Amano
- 1 August, 2019 Japan-IAEA Nuclear Energy Management School Begins Its Summer 2019 Session
- 30 July, 2019 Strategic Policy Committee Meets for First Time in Half a Year to Consider Recent Changes in Energy Circumstances
- 17 July, 2019 Fukui Governor Asks METI and MEXT to Use Decommissioning to Spur Industrial Development of Prefecture
- 13 June, 2019 Japan’s Cabinet Approves FY18 White Paper on Energy Policy, Seeking Low-carbon Society to Meet Paris Agreement Goals
A subcommittee of experts at the Atomic Energy Society of Japan (AESJ), having carried out a quantitative analysis of data from the International Energy Agency (IEA) and others, released a final report on September 4 on the potential of using nuclear power to deal with environmental issues.