Interview with Two Experts: Former UKAEA Chair Says “Political Intentions Exist Behind Unfounded Fears and Rumors”
Atoms in Japan (AIJ) conducted an exclusive interview with two experts during their recent visits to Japan: Lady Barbara Judge, former chair of the UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) and deputy chairman of the Nuclear Reform Monitoring Committee, an external expert committee monitoring efforts by TEPCO toward nuclear safety reform, and Professor Richard Lester of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- 8 March, 2019 Memories and Studies
- 10 October, 2018 The Implications of Removing the “Sun Child” Statue in Fukushima
- 22 February, 2018 We All Live Inside the “Boundary” of Fukushima
- 26 September, 2017 Responsibility for Explaining the Unknowable
- 7 June, 2017 Scientists’ Feeling of Happiness, Relative to People’s Image of Fukushima
- 28 February, 2017 The Pitfalls of Risk Communication in Fukushima
- 29 September, 2016 Reaching a Common Ground on Thyroid Gland Screening
- 12 July, 2016 Do Not Lose the True Meaning of Restoration
- 11 March, 2016 Fukushima’s Image Being Warped by Search Engines: A Recipe to Battle against the Deficiency of Information
- 22 January, 2016 [Remembrances] An Outpouring of Sadness at the Death of Akihiro Sawa, Who Was at the Heart of Efforts to Rebuild Energy Policy
- 11 December, 2015 “Do you understand the difference between science and technology?”
- 2 September, 2015 Moving Beyond the First Fifty Years of Normalized Relations between South Korea and Japan: Cooperation in the Field of Nuclear Energy
- 10 June, 2015 Contributions by Japan’s Team in IAEA’s Nuclear Energy Educational Activities for Secondary Schools
On March 28, President Akio Takahashi of the Japan Atomic Industrial Forum (JAIF) gave his monthly press briefing, at which he outlined what went on at the recent "Presentations by the Atomic Industry 2020" (PAI).